Camille: What's in a Name?
I'm a huge believer in humans having past lives. I believe that before the life I lived now, my soul has lived in another era, another time, in another place, as a totally different person. Coincidences aren't my thing, because I believe that everything that has happened or will happen is because of who I was in my past life and what experiences I've had back then affects me to this very moment in my life -- even though I have no idea what those experiences were, it could explain my affinity for the World War II part of history, or my affinity towards the French culture and why I like to write and share about my life. That being said, I also believe that our names tell a whole lot about our personalities and who we are as people.
Camille. That's the name my parents gave me. I was never fond of it, so in 7th grade, my friends and I all gave each other nicknames and I decided a shorter version of it would be better and so I ended up with "Cami", which stuck. Years later, I realized how odd my nickname looked when spelled out, so I decided to add the 'e' at the end, resulting to pretty much the same nickname: Camie. Perfect.
It was only recently I realized that "Camille" was a French name and my nickname is how you would pronounce my first name in French. Coincidence? I think not. To make it even freakier, I've always loved all things French, and at a very young age, my favorite cartoon was Madeline. My mom also used to look at me and think, "There's something very French about my daughter." so we kind of put all of it together and came up with the theory that in my past life I must have been French. As for my mom and liking French culture? Nope. She's more inclined towards the Japanese culture, as far as I know.
In this life though, I'm not French. Obviously. But I still wanted to know how my name and my personality coincide. I checked out this website for the meaning of "Camille" to compare how accurate my personality is to the characteristics listed down on this website. Let me list down the characteristics of a "Camille" and point out which ones are so true and which ones are definitely not me:
Name: Camille Origin: French Numbers: 1, 4 and 6
Who are they?
- Energetic, they have a natural air of authority and considerable powers of persuasion. -- True. My step-mom has always said, "When you want something, you definitely know how to get it." whenever I turn their no's in yes's!
- Independence and the need to be in charge are characteristic of their nature. -- True.
- They are nevertheless quite reserved, secretive and tend to establish a certain distance between themselves and others, (with the exception of their close friends), all the while the remaining perfectly sociable. -- SO TRUE.
- In fact they are like double agents, shared between a desire to please, to be admired and respected; and the urge to withdraw themselves from the world, away from all the noise and haste in order to think clearly and recharge their batteries.-- So true this is freaking me out.
- Thoughtful and anxious, they know that life is not a game. This is probably the reason that their work is such an important part of their lives, as it allows them to be assertive and brings them much needed reassurance.-- Definitely true for the first statement, the second not so much.
- Their potential for action is significant although due to their emotional nature can lack consistency at times.-- Yes, true.
- And yet once they find their niche they tend to remain stable.-- Ding ding ding. True.
- Loyal, honest, frank and direct, they have a fine sense of duty although they can often be overly rigid where their principles are concerned. -- TRUE.
- As children, they are wise and responsible, and strongly influenced by the familial environment, and as previously mentioned, they tend to need a lot of reassurance. -- I don't think I was that kind of kid. I'm not sure.
- The 1 drives them to seek success and recognition whilst the 4 tends to provoke self-doubt.-- Gah, SO TRUE. Impostor syndrome, anyone?
- This mix is actually an excellent catalyst for a prosperous educational experience. -- My educational experience was okay, not prosperous but okay.
- They appreciate a job well done, as long as it is well done down to the last detail. -- Meh.
What do they like?
- They love all that is elegant and beautiful, appreciate art and aesthetics, and possess a natural air of sophistication.-- Yes, true. Although I wouldn't go as far as to saying I'm sophisticated. haha
- They have a profound sense of justice, experiencing fierce rage when they encounter iniquity. They accord great importance to their romantic life, although in practice things are not necessarily always easy.-- True. My romantic life is pretty easy right now though. Haha
- Indeed, Camilles tend to be highly selective and idealist: The Chosen One should be good-looking, tall, intelligent and worthy of admiration, not too domineering, but not too much of a wet blanket either... If and when they find this rare bird, they can be very exclusive, intolerant and never completely satisfied (karmic 6)... While in theory, divorce is against their principles, they could risk encountering such an inconvenience if they fail to become conscious of their excessive expectations... --Luckily for me, I did find this 'rare bird' and I'm satisfied. Haha
What do they do?
Occupations that may be of interest are those that require great attention to detail and precision, those related to health: nutrition, biology, related to esthetics, comfort, real estate, art, or in connection with the natural sciences (physics, chemistry ...) or one of the liberal or independent professions. -- The closest thing here would be art, since writing is an art I guess it would somewhat count but also, not really.
So in conclusion, I would say that our names can say a lot about who we are as people. Now I'm curious about your names! Look up your name here and find out how accurate it is with your personality: http://www.first-names-meanings.com/ and let me know! :)